GMAT is one of the most reputed and also one of the toughest exams for MBA admissions in the prestigious international business schools. It is a standardized management entrance test governed by the Graduate Management Admission Council and is conducted online every year. The test spans over 3 hours and 30 minutes and the scores are accepted for admissions in more than 7000 PG courses in more than 2300 business schools including the most prestigious educational institutions, such as Harvard Business School, INSEAD, and Wharton, etc.
The exam has four sections:
- Verbal reasoning
- Quantitative reasoning
- Integrated reasoning
- Analytical writing assessment
Famous for its tough questions and time constraints, cracking GMAT is not an easy affair, and GMAT preparation cannot be completed in the last month. Hence, most of the students opt for a reputed coaching institute that can prepare them, train them and hone their skills for cracking the exam. However, in recent times, the number of GMAT aspirants has increased and this increase has spawned a rise in the number of coaching institutions as well.
Hence, every GMAT aspirant has two questions – how to choose the best coaching institute for GMAT and what makes a coaching institute the best?
The following post will be sharing some tips and pointers that will help you find solutions to both these questions.
What makes a coaching institute the best?
- In a coaching institute the students are not persuaded by the teachers to solve the toughest books; the toughest problems or the toughest concepts. However, they are encouraged to keep their preparation as per the exam syllabus and exam level.
- The faculty KNOWS the exam pattern and the structure of the question paper and keeps themselves updated always; no matter what..!!! They don’t take their knowledge and understanding for granted and keep the lectures as per the latest norms of the exam.
- To spot the best GMAT coaching centres, check their results and track record of past years; talk to the people enrolled there and try to take demo classes at some of the institutes you shortlist after reading the reviews.
- The faculty is always available; the tests and study material is always designed as per the level of the entrance exam.
- The mock tests are organized from time to time and the national or international test series is also organized to help the students check their preparation at the national level.
- The faculty can spot your strengths and weaknesses and help you hone your skills such that both of them are tackled positively for excellent exam performance.
You must remember that these are not the only characteristics of the best coaching institutions for GMAT. However, we hope that by now you might have acquired an idea of how reputed coaching institutions differ from the average ones.
Now, let us move on to learn how to find the best coaching institutions for GMAT
How to find the best GMAT coaching institute?
1. Do online research
Most of the coaching institutes are offering online tutoring. So, you don’t have to worry about the physical search anymore. Do an online search and pick at least 3 to 4 coaching institutions offering GMAT coaching. Now, dig deeper and check out their results and previous track record. Also, you must check the countries and Universities or colleges where they have helped the students to get enrolled in. This will offer a deeper understanding of the institute and you can filter the best ones among all.
2. Make some calls
Chats and messages are not enough. You must call the coaching centres to find more about the classes, faculty, preparation methodology, material, results and fees etc. You can also ask the questions related to your goals and target colleges. Make sure the communication is thorough. You can also try to reach out to the previously passed students that have taken coaching from the same centre and get genuine feedback.
3. Make the final choice depending on your budget and preferences
Every MBA aspirant has a different set of preferences, such as some want to prepare for the exam in just 6 months or even 3 months, because of their professional bounds. Further, it is highly likely for you to not be able to afford the fees of the best coaching institution that you have chosen. Some students also want to appear for a scholarship exam for international students to make their education cost affordable. Hence, we recommend taking all these factors into consideration and then proceeding to the final choice.
4. Check the expertise and preparation methodology
When it comes to exam preparation, all of us know the drill – study the syllabus, revise and take the exam!
However, cracking a tough nut like GMAT is a whole another story. Not only you have to be expert at time management, but you also have to make sure that your preparation is in accordance with the exam level at all times. You must also make sure that you prepare as per the latest exam pattern, and trends. So, all in all, preparing for an exam in order to qualify it such that you fulfil your career goals is very tough and only an able and expert guide can help you achieve that. So, talk to the faculty members, or take a few demo classes and find out the kind of preparation methodology they have. This is going to make a lot of difference in your final exam performance.
Every person has a different definition of the word ‘best’. But, the implied sense is the same. So, we recommend figuring out what makes you feel ‘best’ about a coaching centre and then give all your efforts to achieve the target – GMAT!
Hopefully, some of the tips provided above will help you to choose the best coaching centre for the GMAT exam. For more information and expert guidance on GMAT coaching, you can reach out to Sage Education Services and book a free consultation. Sage offers the best GMAT training with unique learning programs and excellent learning materials.