SAT (Scholastic Assessment Test) is a standardised test that evaluates students on three skills—writing, critical reading and mathematical. Most colleges and universities in the US require international students who apply for undergraduate programmes to submit their SAT scores along with their application. The United Kingdom, Australia, Singapore and Canada are other countries that accept the SAT score.
Latest Update on SAT Exam
Due to the pandemic, most test centres across the country are not operating at their total capacity. However, candidates wanting to pursue an undergraduate programme in the US or other countries that accept the score can register online and book a slot to take the exam. Availability of test centres can be viewed and selected at the time of registration.
Eligibility for SAT 2021
The College Board lays down no specific eligibility criteria for students taking the SAT 2021. However, general eligibility is as follows:
- Age Limit: There is no minimum or maximum age limit set for the exam. Though, data collected so far shows that most students taking the SAT belong in the age group of 17-19 years.
- Educational qualification: The College Board has not fixed a minimum educational qualification eligibility criteria for SAT 2021. However, students who have qualified High School and are keen on pursuing undergraduate studies abroad can take the exam.
- Number of attempts allowed: There is no limit to the number of times a student can attempt the SAT. Students must note that the exam is held five times each year—March, May, August, October and December. Aspiring students can take the exam any time and any number of times.
SAT 2021 Registration
Students who want to appear for the SAT test must register for the exam. There are two modes for registering for SAT—online and offline. The offline method involves registering through mail, while for the online process, the registration is completed online, on the College Boards website. The online registration process is more straightforward.
Steps for Online Registration for SAT
Applicants will need to visit the official website of the College Board (https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/register) and register there.
- Visit the official website of the College Board
- Create an account using your credentials
- Fill in the mandatory details
- Select the exam of choice
- Select the test centre
- Upload a recent photograph
- Pay the registration fee
Steps for Offline Registration for SAT
- Get the ‘Student Registration Guide for SAT and SAT subject tests’ booklet available at select schools and the USIEF (United States-India Educational Foundation)
- The booklet contains a registration form and a return envelope
- The form needs to be filled and mailed along with the registration fee, in the form of a DD (demand draft)
- Mailed forms will reach the regional offices in India
- Contact the sought at the USIEF for further information
How to book the SAT slot?
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions, SAT Test Centres offer a limited number of slots per session. Candidates are advised to book their slot for the SAT at the earliest to avoid unnecessary delays and hassles later.
SAT Admission Ticket
Upon completion of registration, a candidate can download the Admission Ticket from their account on the College Board website. For doing so, they will need to log into their account and download the SAT Admission Ticket. Cross-check the details mentioned on the ticket to ensure that there are discrepancies. An error, if spotted, must be rectified immediately. Contact the College Board and request for the correction.
The fee structure for the SAT is as follows:
- The fee for the SAT is $52. However, an additional charge for Non-US Regional Fee is also levied. Indian students have to pay an additional $49, so the total fee payable is $101.
- The fee for the SAT with Essay is $68. Indian students pay an additional Non-US Regional Fee of $49. So, they pay a total of $117.
- Students opting for the subject test are charged an additional $26
If a student wants to cancel the SAT, they can request a refund. However, they must make the refund request at the latest five days before the test date. The refundable amount they will receive for the cancellation of SAT is fixed at $10, no matter whether a candidate paid for only the SAT or SAT with Essay. It is better to request rescheduling of dates instead of cancelling a scheduled date.
SAT Rescheduling Fee
Candidates who want to reschedule the SAT date or change the Test Centre or make changes to the type of SAT they wish to appear for will need to pay a rescheduling charge of $30 for each shift.
This completes our discussion, hope you have got a clear idea about the basic process of online SAT registration. For any other query related to online SAT registration? you may contact Sage Education Services, the best SAT training centre in Dubai who helps students to achieve high scores on SAT.